Social anxiety gives a debilitating and overwhelming feeling, which usually makes life really difficult. Statistics have revealed that millions of people worldwide suffer from social anxiety – like anxiety of crowds, events and sometimes even paying at counters in stores or restaurants. There are several self help social anxiety treatment methods to overcome social anxiety.
Social anxiety is usually caused by nervousness or being too self-conscious about situations you’re in. Mild bouts of social anxiety are considered very normal and human. However, in cases of social anxiety disorder the reactions are clearly visible and may lead the patient to withdraw into self-imposed solitary confinement. The answer in the first instance is to seek out a social anxiety treatment that will help you as an individual overcome social anxiety. You need to drive panic away by building an environment to help get you over your intense and inherent fears of self embarrassment.
What Causes Social Anxiety?
It is important to openly discuss the causes of social anxiety and the social anxiety treatment method your employing to overcome social anxiety. You have to go behind the reasons for your suffering of social anxiety disorder. Research has revealed that in most cases, it is, the intense fear of being caught in unfamiliar situations or where there are chances of being compared or evaluated like public speaking, competitions, events, etc that involve interaction with the public and this triggers social anxiety.
Social anxiety disorder patients are well known to have anxiety attacks just thinking about them or in trying the wrong social anxiety treatment methods to avoid them. It is also equally important to overcome social anxiety that forms inferiority complexes and makes you feel trivial. Here are some of the typical situations that can incite social anxiety.
- Speaking in public
- Making a public appearance or performing on stage
- Attending parties or other social gatherings
- Being the center of attention
- Being watched while doing something
- Getting introduced to new people
- Talking with authority figures or famous people
- Being publicly teased or criticized
- Going on a date or a discotheque
- Eating or drinking in public
- Hesitant to make phone calls
- Appearing for job interviews
How to Overcome Social Anxiety with Self Help Social Anxiety Treatment
- Try to make yourself comfortable in any given situation. Build your confidence by asking someone you trust and feel comfortable with, to accompany you initially. However, it is important to overcome social anxiety by trying and adapting various social anxiety treatment methods that allow you to keep panic at bay and make you more settled and confident.
- Get yourself accustomed to a particular situation, try to know about the proceedings that will follow and prepare yourself, psychologically well ahead of the forthcoming event. Thinking about and becoming familiar with a certain situation can be just as beneficial to overcome social anxiety as to adhering to several proven anxiety release methods and relaxation techniques.
- An important way to break the impact of social anxiety disorder is to work on your communication skills. Learn the art of two way communication to build good relationships. You can even take a class on social skills or an assertiveness training class.
- Think through upcoming situations, and gear yourself, not to be embarrassed or frightened with the strange people around you. If you feel people are looking at you, you too can look at them and smile. See for yourself, how your social anxiety vanishes in seconds as you receive a smile in return for yours and acknowledgement of your presence.
- Another proven method to keep panic away is to leave the situation whenever you feel you are on the verge of a panic attack and come back only once you have calmed down completely. This will help you to slowly overcome social anxiety and your fears of being socially unacceptable.
| Imagine Living Your Life Without Suffering From Social Anxiety Disorder!
If you are looking for the best anxiety program available to help you overcome social anxiety, then I strongly recommend you check out Panic Away
Panic Away offers the ultimate social anxiety treatment, you even get full access to their forum and one on one coaching with Joe Barry, the creator of Panic Away.